Bathroom rugs and mats, while seemingly unimportant, can make a huge difference in your rustic bathroom decorating!
Cute Rustic Bath Rugs for Your Cabin
Adding the finishing touch to your bathroom, as bathroom rugs and mats can add color, and they can enhance your rustic bathroom theme with images that complement your other bath décor.
Log Cabin Bath Rugs
Living in a log cabin home or a timber frame home gives you the opportunity to decorate your home in a very personal style. You can use a very specific theme or you can decorate in an eclectic style, using whatever your little heart desires, in each room of the house.
The bathroom, in recent years, has become one of the most personal rooms in the home. And, because decorating a bathroom or redoing a bathroom is relatively inexpensive, it is a fun way to get started on giving your home a new look!
The pine cone bath rug in this bathroom helps pull together the pine cone theme. It’s used in the mirrors, the towels and the accessories hardware.
Bathroom Rugs and Mats Give Warmth to Your Bath
Bathroom rugs and mats can draw your theme together and bring color to your bath.
They can also soften your bathroom’s look. Most bathrooms are full of hard surfaces. They need fabrics, curtains, rugs and towels to soften their appearance. And fabrics and rugs also help cut down on the sound echoes in a room with all hard surfaces.
How to Choose Bathroom Rugs and Mats
No matter what kind of floor you have chosen for your bathroom, it will look bare if it doesn’t have a rug or mat on it. But, there are other reasons for using bathroom rugs and mats, as well:
- To protect your flooring – wood floors that get wet can become discolored and worn looking. A simple rug or mat can help protect your beautiful wood floors.
- Softness when getting out of the tub or shower – It’s always nice to step out onto a soft bath mat when exiting a shower or bath.
- Warmth – In the winter, a bath mat or rug is warm on your toes and feet.
- Safety – Stepping onto bathroom rugs and mats, instead of a slippery wet floor, can prevent slips and falls. This is especially true if the rug is backed with rubber.
- Color – an otherwise all wood color scheme can come to life, with a splash of color. A bathroom rug can provide just what is needed.
What to Look for in Bathroom Rugs and Mats
So what are the things you should look for, when buying a bath rug or mat? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Your theme – If you are using a special theme in your bathroom, it makes sense to use a bath mat or rug that complements that theme. For example, people with lake cabins often use fish bathroom rugs in their bathrooms. A hunting lodge in the woods might have a bear or moose bathroom mat or rug.
- Reversible rugs – This is not important to everyone, but, if you are outfitting a hunting cabin that doesn’t have a washing machine, you might want to use reversible rugs in the bath. That way, you can use the bathroom rugs a little longer, between washings.
- Bathroom rugs and towels – Coordinate your towels and your rugs, for a nice well-designed look. So inexpensive to do, yet it makes a huge difference in the look of your bath.
- Color – Bathroom rugs and mats, whether large or small, can provide the color that you need in an otherwise drab or same color bathroom.
Have fun choosing bathroom rugs and mats. They are so inexpensive that you can have different rugs for every season. And it’s like having a new bathroom, with so little effort!