A western rug can have a number of themes, like horses, wolves, or cowboys. And they often reflect the colors of nature around them, with muted red and brown tones.
Some of my favorite Western rugs
Log cabins or timber ranches with a Western theme tend to be casual. And you’ll often find a mixture of Southwestern Indian patterns, horses, cowboys, rodeos, wolves, coyotes and the Western star.
Western area or floor rugs can help pull your room together, so choose a cabin rug for your Western theme that will complement the rest of your room accessories.
A Western Rug In Your Decorating
Using a Western rug can add interest and natural colors to your western or southwestern decor.
And there are many themes that you can use to make your decorating more interesting. You can choose to incorporate any of the following into your western decor:
- Wild West – Use old timey decorations and keep your accents and pictures in the same time frame.
- Horses – There are still many horses in the West. They always work well in Western decorating.
- Buffalo – Not everyone knows it, but there are still a few wild buffalo in the western states.
- Wolves – Almost extinct a few years ago, wolves are plentiful now—ask the ranchers in the West!
- Cattle – Cattle and ranches always work in a Western theme.
A beautiful Western rug can add warmth and comfort to your Western themed home. And Western area rugs come with many motifs that can help pull your Western or cowboy décor together.
Choose a Western rug that has a similar theme to the rest of your room. It should not be overpowering, but should blend in with the other furnishings.
Western rugs provide warmth, coziness and muted color tones that are soothing, and they can help to bring the great outdoors into your home!