Give Your Rustic Home an Extra Spark
Log home decorating often centers around a theme.
You might choose western décor, rustic décor, country décor, fishing or hunting décor, ski lodge décor, or a north woods décor with trees, moose and deer. However, in most cases, log cabin home décor is based on a combination of similar themes.
A mix and match approach works very well in a log home, as most of the themes are nature themes—bringing the natural world surrounding the home, inside!
They add softness and color to wood walls.
Log Home Decorating Themes
So what are the most common log home decorating themes used in decorating rustic cabins?
- Western Décor – Cabin homes decorated with the western theme often include horses, wagon wheels, boots, native American designs and wolves in their decorating.
- Rustic Décor – Rustic décor might include log furniture, furniture with simple lines and chunky legs, wildlife and pine cones in accessories, earth tones in curtains and plaids in wallpaper.
- Country Décor – For a country décor, furniture should have simple designs. Antiques work here. Use fluffy comforters with wildlife designs in the bedroom (or hand made quilts). You might include rocking chairs and game tables. Practical pieces work very well in a country décor!
- Fishing Theme – Everything from welcome signs to shower curtains has fish or fishermen on it. You’ll find area rugs, curtains, lamps, picture frames, mirrors, bedding and shelves that have fish on them!
- Hunting Theme – Include antler lights, deer, ducks, moose, elk and other favorite animals in your decorating. Make sure you have a welcome sign that introduces your hunting theme!
- North Woods – This theme often has lots of pine cones, deer and moose. Furniture often is made from natural woods like hickory or pine. Log furniture can have a place in a home with this theme, as well.
- Moose Décor – A moose theme is always popular and can be a lot of fun. You’ll find moose on everything from your dinnerware, curtains, rustic ceiling lighting, area rugs, bathroom linens to kitchen items and even light switch covers.
- Bear Décor – Bears are always another popular theme. You can choose realistic bears or whimsical bears to decorate your log home. You’ll find bears on everything from mirrors, towel holders, wall hangings, area rugs, bedding, dinnerware and linens to carvings on furniture!
As you can see, you have a number of themes to choose from, when you do your log home decorating. Most importantly, choose a theme for your log cabin or lodge that appeals to you. Then, do your homework and find furniture and accessories for your home that go well with your theme…
In addition to Log Cabin Decorating themes, you might enjoy:
Quality rustic and country decor is hard to find. Here are two companies we’ve found with a good selection of distinctive items at fair prices: