Sporting a majestic moose on a beautifully hand hooked rug, the Lodge Moose Hooked Wool Rug is perfect on a hearth or as an accent rug in a rustic cabin.
The bull moose on this rug is not just a silhouette. The yarns are cleverly and artistically shaded to give the moose a 3-D effect. His antlers are covered in velvet.
The back of the Lodge Moose hooked wool rug has a canvas and latex backing.
Size: 24″ x 36″ (only size offered)
Colors: Forest green, chocolate brown, mocha, sand, black
Rug Pad: Recommended
Care: Vacuum frequently. Spot clean minor spills. Clean professionally.
Material: Wool yarns
Manufacture Technique: Hand hooked
Traffic Grade: Medium traffic
Shop safely at The Cabin Place and enjoy free shipping on practically everything!
Why You Should Consider Wool for a Fireplace Rug
Wool is a wonderful fabric or yarn for a fireplace rug, as it is naturally fire retardant and naturally flame resistant. Because of this, any rug that has wool as its main material does not need to have chemical flame retardants added to it.
Here’s why wool makes a good choice for a fireplace rug:
- Wool is naturally flame retardant
- It’s difficult to ignite wool yarn, because it has a high ignition temperature
- Flames that do ignite, spread slowly
- Wool does not melt like polyester or plastics (or drip if used vertically, on a wall)
- If a spark lands on a wool rug, it will usually extinguish
- Wool has less toxic gas formation (compared to synthetic carpet pile fibers)
Because of its natural fire safe characteristics, wool carpet is used in places where there are strict regulations, like passenger aircraft. And wool is also one of the best and safest choices for your fireplace rug, as well!
Visitors who viewed this Christmas dinnerware also viewed: