The Oak Leaves Hooked Wool Rug gives options to those tired of pine cone themes, with its pretty oak leaves against a dark background.
Rich colors with light colored leaves against a black background give this eco friendly rug a dramatic appeal.
Warm and cozy for bare feet! The Oak Leaves hooked wool rug is perfect in front of a wood stove or fireplace.
Designed by Vermont artists.
Size: 2′ x 4′
Colors: Red, black, green, beige
Rug Pad: Recommended
Care: Vacuum frequently. Spot clean minor spills. Clean professionally.
Material: 80% New Zealand wool, 20% cotton yarns. Backing is durable canvas.
Manufacture Technique: Handcrafted/hand hooked
Traffic Grade: Medium traffic
Country of Manufacture: India
Warranty: 1 year
Shop safely at The Cabin Place and enjoy free shipping on practically everything!
Why You Should Consider Wool for a Fireplace Rug
Wool is a wonderful fabric or yarn for a fireplace rug, as it is naturally fire retardant and naturally flame resistant. Because of this, any rug that has wool as its main material does not need to have chemical flame retardants added to it.
Here’s why wool makes a good choice for a fireplace rug:
- Wool is naturally flame retardant
- It’s difficult to ignite wool yarn, because it has a high ignition temperature
- Flames that do ignite, spread slowly
- Wool does not melt like polyester or plastics (or drip if used vertically, on a wall)
- If a spark lands on a wool rug, it will usually extinguish
- Wool has less toxic gas formation (compared to synthetic carpet pile fibers)
Because of its natural fire safe characteristics, wool carpet is used in places where there are strict regulations, like passenger aircraft. And wool is also one of the best and safest choices for your fireplace rug, as well!
Visitors who viewed this Christmas dinnerware also viewed: