Kayakers, canoe, and row boat enthusiasts will all love this lake house Paddles Hooked Wool Rug with its assortment of rustic paddle designs.
The rug is made of 80% New Zealand wool and 20% cotton, and it is handcrafted or hand hooked.
The rug is a cozy choice for the hearth in front of your fireplace, or a lovely entry rug to welcome guests inside your front door.
Because the yarn is mostly wool, this rug is naturally fire retardant.
Colors: Rust, brown, beige
Care: Professional cleaning is recommended. Spot cleaning for minor spills or spots.
Rug pad: Recommended
Size: 24″ x 36″ is the only size offered.
Why You Should Consider Wool for a Fireplace Rug
Wool is a wonderful fabric or yarn for a fireplace rug, as it is naturally fire retardant and naturally flame resistant. Because of this, any rug that has wool as its main material does not need to have chemical flame retardants added to it.
Here’s why you can consider using a wool rug in front of your fireplace:
- Wool is naturally flame retardant
- It’s difficult to ignite wool yarn, because it has a high ignition temperature
- Flames that do ignite, spread slowly
- Wool does not melt like polyester or plastics (or drip if used vertically, on a wall)
- If a spark lands on a wool rug, it will usually extinguish itself
- Wool has less toxic gas formation (compared to synthetic carpet pile fibers)
Because of its natural fire safe characteristics, wool carpet is used in places where there are strict regulations, like passenger aircraft.
Shop safely at The Cabin Shop and enjoy free shipping on practically everything!
Visitors who viewed this Christmas dinnerware also viewed: