Bright and cheery, the Welcome to the Cabin Hooked Wool Rug, naturally fire resistant, is perfect in front of your fireplace or wood stove.
This adorable primitive rustic hooked rug was designed by popular Vermont artist Laura Megroz and made by Chandler 4 Corners.
In addition to a hearth rug, this cute accent rug can also be used to welcome guests at your front door. It’s perfect for any lodge decor theme.
Size: 2′ x 3′
Colors: Red, sage green, brown, tan, cream, dark green
Rug Pad: Recommended
Care: Vacuum frequently. Spot clean minor spills. Clean professionally.
Material: 100% New Zealand wool. Backing is cotton canvas and latex.
Manufacture Technique: Handcrafted
Traffic Grade: Medium traffic
Country of Manufacture: India
Shop safely at The Cabin Shop and enjoy free shipping on practically everything!
Why You Should Consider Wool for a Fireplace Rug
Wool is a wonderful fabric or yarn for a fireplace rug, as it is naturally fire retardant and naturally flame resistant. Because of this, any rug that has wool as its main material does not need to have chemical flame retardants added to it.
Here’s why wool makes a good choice for a fireplace rug:
- Wool is naturally flame retardant
- It’s difficult to ignite wool yarn, because it has a high ignition temperature
- Flames that do ignite, spread slowly
- Wool does not melt like polyester or plastics (or drip if used vertically, on a wall)
- If a spark lands on a wool rug, it will usually extinguish
- Wool has less toxic gas formation (compared to synthetic carpet pile fibers)
Because of its natural fire safe characteristics, wool carpet is used in places where there are strict regulations, like passenger aircraft. And wool is also one of the best and safest choices for your fireplace rug, as well!
Visitors who viewed this Christmas dinnerware also viewed: