Structural Insulated Panels
SIP panels are used in one of the newer technologies for building.
Structural insulated panels go together quickly, saving on labor, they reduce onsite construction waste and they provide superior insulating qualities.
Not only that, but they are a “green” technology!
There are a number of advantages to building with structural insulated panels, and many people are discovering them—and building SIP panels homes for their families or for retirement.
The Low Down on SIP Panels
Just like log home building and timber frame construction, building a SIP panels home is a specialty kind of building. However, it is possible for a person who enjoys woodworking to build a SIPs house.
Of course, it is much easier if you select a house plan with just one floor! Things always get more complicated when you build two or more stories!
- Structural Insulated Panel Homes – What’s a SIPs Panel Home Really Like? – If you are not quite sure what SIP panels are, you may find the answer here. I’ll tell you about my structural insulated panel home in Virginia, and what it was like to live in one.
- Why Structural Insulated Panels? – Do SIPs Make Sense for You? – Learn more about why so many people are choosing SIPs panels for their new homes, and what kind of homes they can be used for. If you use SIPs in your house, the initial cost is about the same as that for a brick home. But the energy savings are substantial, and they go on for years and years…
- About SIPs Panels: Structural Insulated Panels Defined – SIP panels construction is different from traditional stick building. Perhaps you have heard someone talk about SIPs panels homes and wondered what they were. I’ll explain what structural insulated panels are, and why you might want to consider building one.
- Wondering How to Make a SIP Panel? – We were too. So we went to a SIP factory and saw how SIP panels are made. I’ve captured the basic process in photos, and you can see them here…
- SIPs Home Builders – If you live in one of the New England states and are considering building a structural insulated panels home, please consider one of these experienced home builders. They have been chosen for their honesty, integrity, and their builder’s reputation and skills. And they have not paid us to be listed on our website.
While SIP Panels are relatively new to the construction industry, they have definitely made an impact on the way homes are being built.
Many people who are planning to build a new home have discovered that they can be more comfortable, using less energy and a smaller HVAC system. And, in addition, homeowners with SIPs homes, will save thousands of dollars on heating and cooling…